Ejectamenta News Summary
Simple wordpress language switcher
easily create a multilingual wordpress site with no need for complicated plugins
this example is for english and german languages but could equally be for anything
- 1) Create 2 new posts in your 2 languages eg. Welcome and willkommen.
- 2) Create a new menu called languages add a menu item for each page.
- 3) Rename the menu items english and deutsch.
- 4) Add the new language menu to the website in a suitable position, (eg. using a widget or theme settings).
- 5) Create 2 new menus one for your german pages and another for the english pages.
- 6) Install the nice and lightweight zen menu logic plugin, activate and check the settings that your main menu is selected.
- 7) Go to your german home page and down the bottom is the zen logic menu select options - select the german menu.
- 8) Go to your english home page and down the bottom is the zen logic menu select options - select the english menu.
Your good to go!
The one disadvantage with this setup is that you will always be directed to the home page when you click the language menu item.
There are also Wordpress plugins to add images to menus so on your languages menu you could instead use flag icons